LAPPE AND AREA LOCAL SERVICES BOARD
Minutes of the Meeting – April 16, 2019
Present: LSB Bonnie Buck (Secretary/Treasurer), Don Boyce (Chair),
Directors: Ryan Lotas, BJ Kapush, Chris Hansen, Carly Hackborn (Recreation Coordinator Fire Services: Darren Auld
Guests: Lorenz Bosinger, Vic Tremblay
- Call to Order The Meeting was called to order at 7:06 PM.
- Agenda Motion 01/04/19 Motion to accept the Agenda
– Moved by BJ Kapush, seconded by Chris Hansen. Adopted.
- Minutes of Previous Meeting
Motion 02/04/19 – Moved by Chris Hansen, seconded by BJ Kapush. Adopted.
- Business Arising from March 19, 2019 Minutes – update from BJ and Ryan on hockey rink for next year; they are awaiting spring thaw so they can access the grounds at Lappe Ski Centre. Carried forward to next meeting May 21, 2019.
- Financial Reports Motion 03/04/19
– Motion to approve the Financial Reports.
– Moved by Chris Hansen, seconded by BJ Kapush. Adopted.
- Correspondence – Letter to Lappe Lantern requesting the Chair once again submit ‘happenings’ to the Lappe Lantern. This was discussed and Don Boyce will begin doing a write-up again.
- New Business
- Helipad Repair Update: The helipad suffered some winter damage as notified by O’rnge; specifically one cone with AV70 lighting tumbled away from the initial position; other cones not properly secured into the ground – spikes uprooted or missing and one AV70 lights is damaged. Vic Tremblay (one of the initial installers of the helipad) gave a quick summation of his inspection that the cones are not fastened and the helicopter requires these cones for visual cue to land. A suggestion of sandbags be used to hold the cones into place. Vic felt this was acceptable and will secure the cones with sandbags. As well, a light has been requested from Dave Phillips (helipad support, O’rnge). Once the light arrives, Vic will install and repair the helipad.
- O’rnge confirmed we need to submit GPS coordinates on purposed sites to do an HFS for the areas. This is for possible newly developed helipads. Land locations will be scouted by Darren Auld (Fire Chief) and Vic Tremblay for new helipads. A few suggested sites were discussed. The LSB is thinking of 1 possibly 2 new helipad sites. Darren Auld will provide an update as to progress on this.
- Bonnie Buck, Secretary/Treasurer attended the meeting with the Lakehead School Division on Wednesday, April 10, 2019. See attached minutes.
- Bylaw 18/19 – XXI Protocol in an Unforeseen or Emergency Situation – reviewed this Bylaw and suggested amendments made. Carried forward to May 21, 2019 Board Meeting.
- Bylaw 18/19 – XIV Interim Budget Report – MNDM. Interim budget was discussed and reviewed for each department. Motion 04/04/19 – Motion to accept the 2018-19 Interim Budget of Lappe & Area Local Services Board, Moved by Chris Hansen, seconded by BJ Kapush. Adopted.
- Recreation Report – Submitted by Carly Hackborn, Recreation Coordinator
There are 65 kids registered for soccer thus far. It closes May 1. There are lots of birthday parties booked. New equipment was purchased for soccer.
Motion 05/04/19 Accepted by Chris Hansen, seconded by BJ Kapush. Adopted
- Emergency Services Report -Presented by Darren Auld
The HRV is installed in the main fire hall. Two packs are updated with thermal imaging cameras. Training is winding up for the summer. Lorenz and Darren are updating the mapping system for the area. Lappe Fire Department is now a training partner with Red Cross. We are able to provide Red Cross training to other departments/facilities.
Motion 06/04/19 Accepted by Carly Hackborn, seconded by Ryan Lotas. Adopted.
- Transfer Site/Waste Facility
Fred Foreman (Snowplow) removed snow from in front of the compactor so LTL so empty it. The road needs grading and possibly widened. A suggestion of brushing the dump road, widening and grading it, was made to improve accessibility. This will be looked at on a future date.
Motion 07/04/19 Accepted by Carly Hackborn, seconded by BJ Kapush. Adopted
- Fire Number Report
It was confirmed that shared driveways, use a # system of example 1, 1-A, 1-B, 1-C etc. Number followed by the alpha.
- Adjournment – Motion 08/04/19 to adjourn –
Ryan Lotas, seconded by Carly Hackborn. Adopted
Meeting adjourned at 7:56 PM.