NEXT MEETING TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2021
Minutes of the Meeting – June 15, 2021
- Call to Order
The Meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm.
Present: LSB: Bonnie Buck (Secretary/Treasurer), Don Boyce (Chair)
Directors: Chris Hansen, Ryan Lotas (telephone), BJ Kapush. Carly Torkkeli (Recreation Director) Fire Services: Darren Auld
Special Guests: Sasha Torkkeli
Motion 11/06/21 – Motion to accept the Agenda
– Moved by BJ Kapush, seconded by Carly Torkkeli. Adopted.
- Minutes of Previous Meeting
Motion 12/06/21 – Motion to accept the Minutes of the June 1, 2021
Moved by Chris Hansen, seconded by Carly Torkkeli. Adopted.
- Business Arising from Minutes
Tenders moved to new business
- Financial Reports Motion 13/06/21
– Motion to approve the Financial Reports.
– Moved by BJ Kapush, seconded by Carly Torkkeli. Adopted..
- Correspondence none
- New Business
1.) Complaint at the Trout Lake Transfer Site regarding conduct of a resident towards our Attendant and misuse of the facility. A warning letter was issued; conduct escalated, and a registered letter was forwarded to the Resident, copied to the OPP, removing this Resident from using the Trout Lake Transfer Site. All members of the household of this Resident are not able to use the facility in the future.
2.) Helipad bids – reviewed and discussed with the Board. Contract was awarded to Concrete Construction
3.) Driveway Tenders for the property on Old Hall Road were reviewed and discussed. Bid was awarded to Mike Niittynen Contracting Inc.
- Emergency Services Report presented by Darren Auld, Fire Chief
New boots are in. There were many calls from the Storm on June 4, 2021; mainly trees on powerlines. Motion 14/06/21 Motion to accept report, Carly Torkkeli, moved by BJ Kapush. Adopted.
- Recreation Report – Submitted by Carly Torkkeli, Recreation Coordinator Carly is working on Grant, numbers and projected budgets are expected. Budgetary quotes only at this time. Application will be submitted end of June. Motion 15/06/21: Motion to proceed with Recreation Committee development: Chris Hansen, seconded by BJ Kapush. Adopted.
- Waste Facility, Presented by Don Boyce/Bonnie Buck
- Fire Number Report – Stephen Garstin, Fire Number Installer no report
- Adjournment – Motion 16/06/21: Motion to adjourn – Ryan Lotas, seconded by Carly Torkkeli
Meeting adjourned at 7:54 PM