NEXT MEETING – May 21, 2019 at 7:00 PM
LAPPE AND AREA LOCAL SERVICES BOARD
Minutes of the Meeting – March 19, 2019
- Call to Order The Meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM.
Present: LSB Bonnie Buck (Secretary/Treasurer), Chris Hansen (Acting Chair),
Directors: Don Boyce, Ryan Lotas, BJ Kapush, Carly Hackborn (Recreation Coordinator Regrets: Darren Auld, Fire Chief Guests: Lorenz Bosinger
- Agenda Motion 01/03/19 – Motion to accept the Agenda
– Moved by BJ Kapush, seconded by Carly Hackborn. Adopted.
- Minutes of Previous Meeting
– Motion to approve previous meeting minutes
Motion 02/03/19 – Moved by Carly Hackborn, seconded by BJ Kapush. Adopted.
- Business Arising from February 19, 2019
– Stephen Garstin purchased the rubber decal remover from Napa for recycling of numbers on the signs.
- Financial Reports Motion 03/03/19
– Motion to approve the Financial Reports.
– Moved by Don Boyce, seconded by BJ Kapush. Adopted.
- Correspondence – none
- New Business
- a) Don Boyce suggested to the Board the a Bylaw be written and presented at the April 16, 2019 meeting implementing a channel of action to follow in an emergency or unforeseen situation.
Motion 04/03/19 – Bylaw to be created. Moved by Ryan Lotas, seconded by Carly Hackborn. Adopted.
- Recreation Report – Submitted by Carly Hackborn, Recreation Coordinator
At a standstill for soccer in May; I will distribute registrations to the school in April. Hoping to start the soccer in mid-May, weather permitting. Tuija (Lappe Ski Centre) has been emailed regarding a date for a Community/year end party in September. This party is sponsored by the Gorham Poker Run, who donated $1,100.00 to Recreation. It is the season of birthday parties; there is one booked every Saturday until school ends. Home & School is also running their programs – movie night, garage sale, etc all coming up in Spring. There is a dance recital on March 23 and the Dance Instructor has committee to returning in the Fall to run 2 – 4wk programs. As well, I am working on gymnastics for the Fall.
Motion 05/03/19 Accepted by Ryan Lotas, seconded by Don Boyce. Adopted
- Emergency Services Report -Presented by Darren Auld
Not much is happening at the moment. A couple of calls from First Response which we responded to but were false alarms.
Training is going as planned.
MSA and SPI representatives were out to the Firehall for a presentation in February and were both very impressed with the Lappe Fire Department and the support it receives.
Motion 06/03/19 Accepted by Ryan Lotas, seconded by BJ Kapush. Adopted.
- Transfer Site/Waste Facility
Don Boyce reported the road at the transfer site was ice covered and treacherous this past Saturday so he hired Vaillant contracting to sand the road. As well, it was noted that Stephen Garstin has been hired to shovel snow away from the entrance gate, as needed. He will be paid $15/hr.
Motion 07/03/19 Accepted by Carly Hackborn, seconded by BJ Kapush. Adopted
- Fire Number Report
Nothing to report
- Adjournment – Motion 07/03/19 to adjourn – Don Boyce, seconded by BJ Kapush. Adopted
Meeting adjourned at 7:28 PM.