Minutes of the Meeting –May 24, 2022
- Call to Order
The Meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM
Present: LSB Bonnie Buck (Secretary/Treasurer), Chris Hansen (Chair),
Directors: BJ Kapush, Ron Heinaaho, Lorenz Bosinger
Carly Torkkeli (Recreation Director); Lindsay Hubie (Recreation Director)
Fire Services: Darren Auld
– Motion to accept the Agenda
– Moved by Sacha BJ Kapush seconded by Ron Heinaaho. Adopted.
- Minutes of Previous Meeting
Motion 02/05/22 – Motion to approve April 19, 2022 minutes. Moved by BJ Kapush, seconded by Ron Heinaaho. Adopted.
- Business Arising from Minutes none
- Financial Reports
– Motion to approve the Financial Reports.
– Moved by BJ Kapush, seconded by Lorenz Bosinger. Adopted.
- Correspondence – attached correspondence “We the Nuclear Free North” letter May 21/22
- New Business
JD Barnes: quote for staking/survey property on Old Hall Road. Motion to accept quote and have them proceed. Motion 04/05/22 Moved by BJ Kapush, seconded by Lorenz Bosinger. Adopted.
Meeting with Lappe Ski Centre Chris, Bonnie and Lindsay met with Tuija and Timo regarding use of the ski centre for future recreation purposes. It was suggested a joint use agreement for established between the 2 parties.This will be discussed further with both the Ski Centre and the Board.
Meeting with Lakehead School Division Chris, Lindsay and Bonnie met with Jim D, Dave Covello and Jeff (Principal) revisiting the Joint Use Agreement. A few minor adjustments to the agreement. Use of the school is once again permitted including Board Meetings which will be moved to the community room effective immediately. As well, permission was given for the school to use the office space for storage. Bonnie will contact RS Bobcat regarding a playground to see if its feasible for the Board to recover it and use it on the new property.
Land Development Old Hall Road property It was agreed the Board will meet Friday May 27 at the property for a walkabout and discussion on its future development for 2022.
Board member update Chris Hansen discussed the departure of Board member Sacha Torkkelli. Sacha was unanimously voted by Board members to be asked for her resignation from the Board, effective immediately.
- Recreation Report – Submitted by Carly Torkkeli, Recreation Coordinator; Lindsay Hubie
Welcome to Lindsay Hubie our new Recreation Director. Carly will remain in the background until the fall to assist Lindsay ease into her new role.
Recreation Committee Update – Currently distributing EOI’s to interested parties with a potential start date of October 1, 2022
Grant/Funding Applications – Open application in for Trillium, looking into applying to Blue Jays Field of Dreams fund and Jumpstart Fund for 2023
Community Programming – Soccer will be commencing tomorrow night; we have a record 152 kids registered. Payment is still outstanding for a couple registrants. Equipment has been purchased. Currently organizing programs for start-up in September.
Motion 05/05/22 – Motion to accept Recreation Report. Moved by BJ Kapush, seconded by Ron Heinaaho. Adopted.
- Emergency Services Report – Presented by Darren Auld, Chief
Busy as usual. Wild land fire the team responded to. Training as usual with 2 new members. Rookies are now responding.
Motion 06/05/22 Accepted by BJ Kapush, seconded by Ron Heinaaho. Adopted.
- Transfer Site/Waste Facility – Presented by Bonnie Buck nothing to report..
- Fire Number Report nothing to report
- Adjournment – Motion 07/05/22 motion to adjourn – Lorenz Bosinger, seconded by BJ Kapush. Meeting adjourned 8:50 PM
NEXT BOARD MEETING: TUESDAY, JUNE 21 AT 7 PM